Terms & Conditions | Despatch Policy | Cancellation | Returns
UK Legal Knives ® Terms of Sale
|Terms and Conditions
1. Terms of Sale. When you place an order to purchase a product from UK Legal Knives, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order with the order details and order number. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase a product which is accepted by us when we send e-mail confirmation to you that we've despatched that product to you (the 'Despatch Confirmation E-mail'). That acceptance will be complete at the time we send the Despatch Confirmation E-mail to you. Any products on the same order which we have not confirmed in a Dispatch Confirmation E-mail to have been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
2. Dispatch Policy. While every effort will be made to ensure that all items shown are in stock we offer no guarantee of availability and this electronic publication does not constitute an offer for sale. If we are unable to despatch your order within 7 days, we will contact you by e-mail with an estimated despatch date and offer you the option of cancelling the order.
3. Cancellation and Returns. If you are not satisfied with the goods you have a right to cancel the contract, return the goods and receive a refund. This does not apply to knives or tools which have been damaged due to misuse. This is available for 14 days after confirmation of the order. Cancellation must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact UK Legal Knives Returns will not be accepted or signed for unless notified and agreed by us this way beforehand. The customer is responsible for the postage cost of returning the item. The item must be returned in unused, undamaged condition with original undamaged manufacturers box and warranty card. We do not do exchanges, any request for exchange will not be answered. In the case of cancelled orders for non faulty products, no further orders will be accepted from the same address.
Personalised, engraved items - Once an item has been engraved we are unable to cancel the order or accept returns. Personalised, engraved items may only be returned if the product is faulty or there is a mistake in the engraved text. Mistakes in engraving - If there is a mistake in the engraved text this must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact UK Legal Knives Returns will not be accepted unless notified in writing beforehand. The postage cost of returning a wrongly engraved item will be refunded if there is found to be an error in the engraved text. Note: Different display fonts may be used for engraved text than those illustrated on web pages. This is to provide the best appearance for longer engravings on small product areas.
4. Non-Receipt of an Order. if you have not received the item which you have ordered please Contact UK Legal Knives In the case of non-receipt of an order which has been despatched, we will report the loss to Royal Mail Claims Department. You will then be contacted to confirm non-receipt. Royal Mail investigations can result in criminal prosecutions in cases of fraudulent claims. This procedure must be followed when an item has not been received. Claims for orders not received submitted after more than 30 days will not be accepted. Note: We are not responsible for missing orders due to incorrect address details given. We do not check the post code for the delivery address. It is the responsibility of the customer to check the delivery address on the order confirmation page and in the order confirmation e-mail.
5. Order which has been Damaged in the Post. If the item has been damaged in the post, please Contact UK Legal Knives the damage will be reported to Royal Mail Claims Department. You will then be contacted to confirm this damage. Royal Mail investigations can result in criminal prosecutions in cases of fraudulent claims. This procedure must be followed when an item has been damaged in the post. Claims for damaged orders submitted after more than 30 days will not be accepted.
6. Faulty Items. All products are checked carefully before sending to customers. You have the right to return a faulty item within a reasonable period of time. Please keep all the warranty information that accompanies your item as this may be needed should there be a fault. In the unlikely event that you have a faulty item, you may find it quicker and easier to contact the manufacturer directly so that they can rectify the problem for you. Please note, manufacturers' warranties cover manufacturing defects only and do not cover normal wear and tear, damage due to misuse or improper care or storage. Returns must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact UK Legal Knives Returns will not be accepted or signed for unless notified and agreed by us this way beforehand.
Note: Stainless blade pocket knives will suffer from corrosion if stored in wet conditions, this is not a fault. We do not accept returns for stainless blade knives which show signs of corrosion. Microscopic variations in blade surface reflectivity, sub-millimetre irregularities around handle scale screw holes may be present and are not considered faults in factory made knives.
Carbon Steel Knives - As they are not made of stainless steel, carbon steel knives need to be cleaned and oiled after use to prevent corrosion. We do not accept returns for carbon steel knives which show signs of corrosion.
Hand Made Knives - Minor cosmetic variations may be present in hand made knives, such as shape of the metal handle rivets. This is not a fault. Natural handle materials such as bone and horn may also have small variations in texture and appearance, this is not a fault. Natural wood grain in wooden knife handles contains lines and grooves this is not a fault.
Victorinox Alox Colour anodised handles - There may be a slight colour mismatch on the 2 handle sides, this is not a fault and is due to the manufacturing process.
All measurements are approximate.
Faulty items must be notified in writing by completing the contact form on the 'Contact' page of the website. Contact UK Legal Knives Returns will not be accepted or signed for unless notified this way beforehand. The cost to return the product by standard rate postage will be refunded if the product is found to be faulty.
7. Prices and Tax. The price shown for the goods excludes postage and packing unless specifically stated. The charges for postage and packing are shown on the shopping cart page after 'Delivery Method' is selected. Prices may be displayed in Pounds Sterling, Euros or US Dollars. Payment in Euros or US Dollars may be made using Paypal. Delivery to non-European countries may result in import duties payable on receipt of the goods. You will be liable for these duties.
8. Shipping outside of EU. Importation of knives may be restricted by Customs Authorities in non EU countries. UK Legal Knives will not be held responsible for orders seized by international customs authorities. It is not possible to give any refund for items seized by international customs authorities.
9. Sale of knives. Minimum legal age for the sale of knives is 18.
Age verification checks are carried out for all sales of knives. Note. submitting false information is an offence under the Fraud Act. All cases of attempted fraud are reported to Action Fraud UK. Documentary proof of age may be requested eg. copy of driving license or passport sent by e-mail attachment. Copies of identity documents are only used to confirm age for the sale of knives, are deleted immediately and will not be passed on to third parties.
Orders for knives which fail the age verification check will be refunded. Refunds may take up to 30 days to be processed. No further orders will be accepted from the same address. Any further orders and e-mails are automatically blocked.
10. Colours. The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
11. Specifications. Due to manufacturers modifications, the technical specifications of goods shown on website are subject to change, goods of an equivalent or upgraded specification may be supplied.
Cookies enable the online shopping cart to function.
Individual web browsers may be configured to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
14. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify us against any claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses (including legal fees), arising out of your use of this site.
15. Jurisdiction. The Contract will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties to the Contract submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
16. Consumer Rights. None of the above Terms and Conditions affects your statutory consumer rights.
17. Company information. UK Legal Knives is the trading name of BG Macadam.
18. BG Macadam T/A UK Legal Knives reserves the right to change specifications, prices, and information on this website without notice.
20. Errors and omissions excepted
Contact UK Legal Knives